Sunday, July 22, 2012

MarkerPop Challenge #3
Black and White, Sepia

This is the card that I made for the challenge over at MarkerPop.  The challenge this week was to make a black and white or a sepia card.  I opted to go with black and white.  I used mostly C0-C5, BV29, but for the balloon and the chair I wanted add some contrast so I used W1.  Enjoy!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

MarkerPOP Weekly Challenge #1

Yeah!!!  MarkerPop challenge #1 is finally here!  This week the challenge was coloring hair or fur.  The image is from Kenny K and is called Super Mom.  I love this image and thought it would be fun to color black and white.  I used C0, C2, C3, C5 and BV29.  
This card is for my sister, so I wanted to make it personalized, so I designed a page mesh with her initials, kids and husbands name and cut it with my Gazelle.  Behind the mesh is super cute paper called Kitchen Confidential from lilybeedesign.  
Thank you for stopping and looking!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

What a difference a weekend makes!

Last weekend I had the wonderful opportunity of taking my Copic Standard and Intermediate Certification classes, led  by Debbie Olson.  All I can say is wow, what an awesome experience.  If you are interested and ever have the opportunity to take these classes do it, you will be so glad you did!  I wanted to share a few before and after pictures, colored images in the top of each picture are before taking the classes, bottom images are after.

I love coloring any of Mo's digi's, in fact, all images in this post are from Mo Manning and can be found at Mo's Digital Pencil.  So, the top digi looks ok, but that's it, just ok.  But, the bottom one now, wowzahs!  By applying the coloring, and shading techniques learned in class, a huge difference was made....dimension was given!

At this point I would like to say a word about R02.  Before taking the classes I HATED R02 for skin tones.  I like the R0000-R00 for fair baby skin, but R02 was pushing it way too far for me.  Debbie taught us to add that third color for a skin tone and to go even farther with a fourth color in the BV and V family to cool the shadows off, and really make them pop.

This digi I used the following colors: Y00, Y35, YR23, R0000, R00, R02, BV10, RV10, B12, B24, B37

This time I think the biggest difference can be seen in the shading on the face.  By adding the shading, especially for the nose, her face now has dimension.

I also used three colors on her hair, I stroked down from the scalp and up from the ends, and left the middle alone to give her hair sheen.  

This digi I used the following colors: Y11, Y35, Y23, Y27, RV10, R0000, R00, R02, BV00, E40, E41, W3, E81, E87, G14, G09, G29, RV14, RV34, B000, BG01, BG05

This image, I also tried some stippling effect on the ground.
For the red in her hat I did palette blending.  I thought that worked very well to keep the darker red under control.

Colors used: RV32, R35, R37, G21, G29, YR21, YR23, YR27, R0000, R00, R02, V20, RV10, E0000, V000, RV63, BG10, BG34, C0, C3, E21, E33, E18

Well, that's it!  For now of course.......

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I made this card for the challenge over at Icopic Lover.  This is challenge #75 Yellow Green.  I have to admit that I have neglected purchasing from the YG family.  But, that is going to change, what fun colors to work with.  This cute image is from  Tried to keep things simple on this one, just a bit of glitter to accent the edges of the image.  One fun thing I did do, was the frogs eye.  I colored his eye then went over with a glitter gel pen, finally I accented the eye with glossy accents.  I think it makes it look pretty cool.
Hopefully, you can see the eye a little better in this image.  

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

I made this card for the challenge over at  This is challenge #85 For the Boys.  Colored Carmen Electrifying with Copics, tried t keep it simple with girly die cuts for the sentiment.  Little silver glitter and black puff paint, silver studs at each corner, and done!  Hope you enjoyed!

Friday, March 2, 2012

This is my latest Kenny K image, love her!  I thought she would be fun for a guy card, with a racing theme.  I colored her with Copics.  I used my Gazelle to cut the word 'start' and handcut the triangle banner.  I decided to be different with the pendants and string them up with glitter.
I made this card for a couple of challenges. #82, called Spring Zing.  The idea is to make your card as bright and zingy as you can.
I also made this card for the Monday technique challenge TLC366 It's a Banner Day, over at Splitcoast Stampers.  We needed to use handcut banners.
Hope you enjoy!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

This is a card I made for my sons teacher.  I was not very happy with the card I made with this image last time, so, I had to give it another try.  I love this card!  Once again this is a digi stamp from Make It Crafty.  I colored the image with Copics.  I also embellished the wood trim with Glossy Accents.  the card is pretty clean and simple, hope you like it!