Sunday, April 25, 2010


I can't believe I went this long without a die cutting machine.  I have really enjoyed playing with my Nestabilties dies from Spellbinders.

Supply list for this card:
Cuttlebug embossing folder- Bird Call.
Spellbinders Nestabilities dies- Deckled Edge Classic Oval LG
*I used the largest two dies for the image and the smallest for the sentiment.
Distress Ink- Tattered Rose, and Brushed Corduroy
1/2" Cotton Ribbon

For this card start out cutting out your three deckled ovals using your die cutting machine.  Set them aside for now, we'll come back to them in a minute.

Take a piece of cardstock 4"x5.5".  Emboss this with your embossing folder.  You will now emboss both ovals, watching your placement, so they will nest correctly on your large image.

For my sentiment I printed it up from my computer.  In order to get the placement of the die correct I held my die and piece of paper up tot the light.  When I had it placed where i wanted I used a piece of painters tape to hold it in place for sandwiching.

Using your ink blending tool, and Distress Ink in Tattered Rose go over all your embossed images. I went over my image pretty heavy, highlighting the embossing, but also adding color to the whole piece.  Finally accent edges with Distress in Brushed Corduroy.

Now it's time to put all your pieces together.  I found it easiest to glue in this order:

Main image to front of card blank (same size as image).
Oval to oval.
Oval to main image.
Ribbon
Sentiment

Very cute, very clean card.  It would make any mother proud!

Till net time....

Janna

No comments:

Post a Comment