Sunday, March 28, 2010


So I wanted to make an ATC, with our lady here.  I found her on an old postcard, and thought she looked very fashionable.  
So, to start with I trimmed the picture down our of the postcard.  I had to trim a little more for her to fit on an ATC, but you can't tell.  The roses were a labor of love.  To start off I stamped both the roses and the butterfly for positioning, then I stamped the butterfly again, in order to make a mask.  I stamped the butterfly on the hymnal paper first, then applied the mask, and then stamped the roses.  I colored everything using colored pencils and mineral spirits.  Now here is where the fun starts.  I stamped the butterfly and rose again, and colored both of them again with the same technique.  I then cut, accented with Perfect Pearls, and glued into place each individual petal, and the butterfly.  While an intensive technique it adds so much dimension.  The spots where there is not a dimensional petal, it is because that is the part of the petal before it opens outward.
Finally I accented the edge of the photo with Antique Linen, and Tattered Rose Distress Stickles.  I accented the top with some lace, and then bead accents.  I finished with the little light catching embellishment, (I don't know the "official" name for those).  So there she is.  Hope you like her
till next time,
janna

No comments:

Post a Comment