Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Days in Life

Keeping a good calendar is an important thing.  I have tried using my phone, using various calendar applications on my computer, then synchronizing between my phone and computer, ugh what a pain!  So I went out and got a date book.  Works great!  But, well, very blah to look at.  So I decorated it up a bit.
I covered the book in suede, and went to town on it.  All stamps, except for the dragonfly, and some of the embellishments are Tim Holtz.  My favorite finding to date is on here, the LL3, know what it is?  It's an elevator button (very cool), I found two of them in a free box at a yard sale.  I was so excited to find them, after all I am the only one I know who has ever found elevator buttons at a yard sale.  Most everything was stamped in Staz-On, I then accented with glitter pens.  I accented the wings of the dragonfly in Perfect Pearls, then made the bead body.  You can't see it, but, I accented the sides of the Scrabble tiles with Tim's Tissue Tape.
I'll do some decorating on the back, and may even add more to the front, who knows.  Once this book is done being used as a date book, I'm going to start using it for techniques samples, I see 12 Tags of Christmas going in here.... all sorts of stuff!

Thanks for visiting, and have a wonderful day.
Janna

No comments:

Post a Comment