Friday, July 16, 2010

Butterflies and Roses and Lace Oh My!

So this is my first real try at doing an over the top girly card.  This also happens to be my first attempt at a side step card.  I tried to think outside the box with the butterflies.  I stamped and colored each butterfly, then accented each with Perfect Pearls in a variety of colors.  Finally I finished the bodies with bead-work.  I didn't accent the roses a whole lot (the butterflies steal the show), I built each up on several layers of tissue paper, I colored each layer using Distress Inks applied with one of my favorite tools, Fantastix.  Fantastix are great coloring tools, they come in either a brush or bullet tip, I love how easy they are to use.
I found the tutorial for the side step card on Splitcoast.

No comments:

Post a Comment