Friday, November 5, 2010

Harvesting Dreams


I made this for this weeks challenge over at Simon Say Stamp and Show blog. This week the challenge was to stamp and show something shabby. How fun! I chose to shabbify an old postcard I found at the antique mall/flea market/cafe.
I wanted the focus to be on the lady in the postcard, so I framed around her. At the top of the card, I used dictionary paper and then design paper on top of that. I sanded everything and inked with Shabby Shutter, Broken China and Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The flourish is stamped in Faded Jeans DI, and is from Tim Holtz Mini Holiday set. Along the bottom I used Tissue tape inked with Worn Lipstick, and Vintage Photo DI. Finally, I embellished with the ticket and memo pin, both from Tim. The ribbon and little embroidered flowers were found by a friend of mine at an estate sale, beautiful find!
So, there she is, in all her shabbiness.  Love it!  Had a lot of fun, maybe I'll be able to get one more done in time.....
Here is a picture of the original postcard.

Janna

1 comment:

  1. OMW...what a WONDERFUL shabby card...that postcard is just AMAZING!!

    thanks for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge blog!!

    ReplyDelete