Thursday, November 11, 2010

Peace





Tis the season.....to get my rear in gear and make some Christmas cards! Once I figured out the spacing this card went together very easily. I started out by splotching on Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Ink, splotches worked great as they add some texture. Once I had my desired splotching, lightly used Old Paper DI, more to blend then to add color. Now, at this point, I took my Snowflake Impressabilities template and lined up on my card stock. Using Broken China DI, I applied the ink by thumping with my ink applicator.
The snowflakes were made using the Martha Stewart Snowflake punch. Each snowflake was covered in Crystal Stickles, except for one, which was covered in Diamond Stickles. I liked using this snowflake because of the pretty design they make when staked up to make my tree.
To finish this card up, I die cut the letters for Peace and colored with a gel pen. I love how the A looks like the trunk of the Christmas tree.
Very easy, but a very fun eye catching card to make and share.

Janna

No comments:

Post a Comment