Thursday, October 13, 2011

Santa Claus is coming to town!


Santa Claus is coming to town!  I recently purchased this stamp called Santa's Lap, put out by Cornish Heritage Farms, as part of their Saturday Evening Post line.  What fun to play with this stamp and to color!  For the main stamped image I used Copics (still getting the hang of them, but love 'em so far!), as well as for the Holly branches that decorate the bottom (I accented the Holly with Twinkling H2O's).  The background paper is from Graphic 45, part of their Christmas Past paper collection.  Once I had the main image colored I went over the whole image with Antique Linen Distress Ink, I love the finished look that doing this brings, it really helps to soften and blend things together.  


I also took the opportunity to play with another new toy!  I have had my I Top for a few months now, but had yet to really use it.  Easy to use, great results, I would recommend this tool to anyone.  Once again I used Graphic 45 DP.  I have the topper template as apposed to the punch, so I centered it over my paper, traced and cut.  I opted to glue my paper in place to the top of the brad head, then make the rest of the brad.  This helped keep the sentiment centered.

I added a couple bits of bling to the top of the page.  One glass embellishment at the center, and two small half pearls to either side.  I wanted to round out the overall look of the card without making it too busy.  Almost forgot!  Santa's suit has been accented with two shades of Stickles, Frosted Lace and Diamonds.  I like using the two colors to help give dimension to what I'm glittering up.

Thank you for stopping by and looking.  This card is available for sale on my Etsy page....Check itout!

No comments:

Post a Comment