Monday, March 22, 2010

An Easter Homage to Little Georgie


I've been wanting to do an altered Altoid tin with an Easter theme.  I have to say I had a very hard time finding that just right bunny.  I'm really not a cutesy kind of gal, so right there I lost three quarters of my options.  So, after much bunny hunting, I found it!  I was browsing through the local antique mall/flea market/restaurant..... anyway, I found an old Jack and Jill magazine from March of '67.  Inside was an article on an upcoming airing of Little Georgie of Rabbit Hill, based upon the the book Rabbit Hill.  This article had such great pictures of the real rabbit's from Rabbit Hill, that I knew I had found the makings of my altered tin.

For this tin I used grungeboard flourishes, colored with Distress inks, and lined with a gold gel pen.  On the inside edges I used Ice Stickles and Distress Stickles.  Finishing accents were made with lace, flowers, small findings, and for the grass I used a bag of underbrush for model trains.







1 comment: