Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Embrace Your Distress Inks


I recently received my order from Stampers Anonymous, and all I can say is, I'm in love!  I used a couple of different stamp sets form the Tim Holtz Collection, I used from the Mini Muse and Natures Moments sets for this card.
I used Distress Inks for the background along with the stamped images.  I have to admit when I started trying a couple colors of these inks, I wasn't sure about them.  Turns out I just didn't know how to use them, or harness the multitude of different looks that could be achieved.  Tim Holtz has wonderful tutorials on his web site.
For the background I used Broken China, and Weathered Wood Distress Inks.  I then used Old Paper and a bit of Perfect Pearls in my Mini Mister and lightly misted the whole card.  I din't use any particular color of Perfect Pearls, I like to take extras from other projects and mixing them all together.  The main image is from the Nature's Moments stamp set.  I inked up with Shabby Shutters and Worn Lipstick.  The sentiment is two separate stamps from the Mini Muse set.  I stamped embrace with Milled Lavender, I like this because it has more of a watermark effect.  The second part of the sentiment is stamped in Concord Grape.
I love the overall look of this card, it has spring written all over it!  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment