Friday, March 26, 2010

Position is Everything!


Is position everything?  There's something to think about huh?  I absolutely love these ladies though.  I found this old postcard at my fave. antique mall/flea market/restaurant (I have not actually eaten at the restaurant, but it looks like folks like the food:) ).
This altered tin, is just the lid of an Altoid tin.  I thought it would be fun to just use the lid, that way it can be hung up on whatever you want to hang it on.  The lids are nice too, because they have the two slats on the side, that is easy to feed ribbon through.
I tried to keep it pretty simple and elegant.  The postcard is the background image.  The flower is just a silk flower that I covered in Dictionary paper, I highlighted a bit with my Weathered Wood Distress Ink, then added a bit of color with Fired Brick Stickled for the center.  The outside of the tin is also lined in Dictionary paper.  I broke out my Mini Holiday stamps from the Tim Holtz collection, Stampers Anonymous.  I used the Postcard Stamp from this series.  I didn't worry about it all fitting on the background image, not fitting adds to it I think.  I stamped the postcard image and used Black Soot Distress Embossing Powders.  I lined the inside edge with Tattered Rose Distress Stickles, and the upper outside edge with Antique Linen Distress Stickles.  I used a small piece of lace on the upper right corner.  Now, I needed SOMETHING for the left corner, but what?  Tried several different things there, and well, they didn't work.  My husband found the little jewelry baubles, and as soon as he showed them to me I knew, that they were just what I was looking for.  The quote is from the original postcard.  I cut it out, lined it with a gold leaf pen, put a little bling at the corners and away we go!
Hope you enjoyed looking, till next time
janna

No comments:

Post a Comment